A Third of Americans Don’t Know They’re Obese: 2 Surprising Causes

What is the obesity situation of Americans? The data appear to be quite startling.
According to the latest published data, the results of the United States National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) show that among Americans aged 20 and above, 42.5 percent are obese, and 31.1 percent are overweight. Together, they account for 73.6 percent of this population.
This means that approximately 3 out of 4 adults are overweight or obese. Along with the general trend of obesity, there is another interesting phenomenon. According to Gallup’s latest survey data, more than half of people in the United States felt that their weight was normal during the period from 2017 to 2021, and only 41 percent of people considered themselves overweight….
Source: The Epoch Times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.