The No. 1 Nebraska volleyball team will face off against No. 5 Wisconsin in a rematch of last year’s NCAA Championship match when the teams meet on Wednesday at 8 p.m. (CT) at UW Field House in Madison, Wisconsin.
NOTING THE HUSKERS
• Nebraska (18-1, 10-0 Big Ten) is riding an 11-match win streak and is the only Big Ten team without a conference loss at the midway point of the league schedule. Nebraska’s 18-1 start to the season is its best since 2016, when the Big Red went 26-1 before a Nov. 23 loss at Minnesota.
• The Huskers have won six Big Ten matches in a row by sweep for the first time since joining the conference in 2011.
• Nebraska is hitting .257 as a team and is holding opponents to .119 hitting, which leads the nation. The Huskers rank 11th nationally at 2.76 blocks per set.
• No. 5 Wisconsin is 15-3 overall and 9-1 in the Big Ten and has won eight matches in a row.
• The Badgers are 8-0 at the UW Field House this season and have won 16 in a row overall at the Field House dating back to Nov. 12 of last year.
Source: Regional Sports