January 29, 2023

Dawson County Journal

Dawson County, Nebraska

Four Submit their Names for County Court Judge in the Twelfth Judicial District

LINCOLN – Aaron J. Conn, Rushville; Vance E. Haug, Chadron; Audrey M. Long, Scottsbluff; and Travis R. Rodak, Bridgeport, have submitted applications for appointment as County Court Judge in the 12th Judicial District consisting of Banner, Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, Grant, Kimball, Morrill, Scotts Bluff, Sheridan, and Sioux counties. The primary place of office for the judicial vacancy is Chadron, Dawes County, Nebraska. The vacancy is due to the retirement of Judge Russell W. Harford.

The public hearing of the Judicial Nominating Commission will be held in the Bordeaux Room at Chadron State College, Student Center (1100 E. 12th Street) in Chadron, Nebraska, beginning at 1:30 p.m. on October 27, 2022. The Commission will review all applicants for the office at that time. 

Any member of the public wishing to present testimony for the commission’s consideration may do so one of two ways:

  1. Written testimony provided in advance:  Those wishing to present written testimony or other pertinent information may do so by mailing the information to the Commission Chair no later than October 20, 2022, at the following address:  Justice Papik, Nebraska Supreme Court, P O Box 98910, Lincoln, NE 68509 or email it to kara.nielsen@nebraska.gov.   
  2. Oral testimony offered during the hearing:  Those wishing to present oral testimony may do so by attending the public hearing in the Bordeaux Room of Chadron State College, Student Center in Chadron, Nebraska

A listing of the members of the Judicial Nominating Commission can be found on the Nebraska Judicial Branch Web site at https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/administration/committees-commissions/judicial-nominating-commission-twelfth-district-county-district-court.

For special accommodations relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call (402) 471-3730.  For persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, please call the Nebraska Relay System, 7-1-1. AA/EOE.

Source: Nebraska Regional News