PUNTA GORDA, Fla.—A person in southwest Florida has died after being infected with an extremely rare brain-eating amoeba, health officials said.
The Florida Department of Health in Charlotte County confirmed the death Thursday. The agency had previously issued an alert last month, warning residents about the Naegleria fowleri infection.
“I can confirm the infection unfortunately resulted in a death, and any additional information on this case is confidential to protect patient privacy,” Florida Department of Health spokesman Jae Williams said in an email.
Health officials said last month that the infection might have been caused by sinus rinse practices using tap water, but an investigation is ongoing. Sinus solutions should be made using only distilled or sterile water. Tap water should be boiled for at least one minute and cooled before sinus rinsing….
Source: The Epoch Times
Top Biden Administration Official Admits To Lying To Congress : by Tyler Durden
Trump Indictment Fails Crucial Test: Dershowitz : by Tyler Durden
Newsom Launches Drive For 28th Amendment Focused On Gun Control : by Tyler Durden